Why did Israel become a nation in 1948 and not 1949? To many this would seem like a matter of circumstance that has little importance. Everything in Yahweh’s fulfillment of prophecy has a reason and the specificity of 1948 is of consequence. As I’ve been studying those things which appear to be coincidence I couldn’t help but notice some alluring patterns. Numbers and mathematics are a universal language. Every number has a biblical definition and every date in the divine order is predetermined to communicate a prophetic meaning. I’m going to show you the extraordinary arrangement of converging dates surrounding this number along with its meaning.
Below I list some facts along with some rational theory based upon time frames we know. We cannot know with precision beyond the genealogies provided us from scripture. However, we can color within the lines of commonly understood timelines using this divinely ordered number. I would contend that by using 1,948 years from considerable historical and biblical events we can come to the most accurate dates for major events in biblical history. Let’s take what we do know and apply this number which is not given by chance to catch a glimpse of the sovereign hand at work in history. I did not have to take any liberties in arriving at these conclusions. The parallels between Isaac and Yeshua’s crucifixion, Abraham’s call and Yeshua’s birth line up with scripture when we apply the 1948 year time frame. By following the prophetic story being told with parallel events and applying the biblical numeric meanings of the numbers we can see what is being said.
Six Converging Dates in History Related to Israel
- 1,948 years from Adam to Abraham.
- If Abraham was called in 1952 BC (the range scholars believe for Abraham’s birth is between 2100-1900 BC) at age 75 that would place him 1,948 years before the birth of Yeshua at 4 BC (which is the year many believe He was born). This would mean 1,948 years between the Father of Faith and The Second Adam.
- Abraham had Isaac at age 100. If Isaac was 9 years when he was bound on Mt. Moriah (1918 BC) that would mean this act of faith by Abraham, not sparing his own son foreshadowed the crucifixion which many argue occurred at the same location 1,948 years later in 30 AD.
- Temple destruction in 70 AD to 2018 is 1,948 years
- 1948 Israel is officially reborn
- 19 years later (1967) we have 1 of only 7 lunar tetrads (blood moons) which occur on Jewish Feast Days (Yahweh’s appointed times) since Yeshua.
- 48 years after the 1967 tetrad where Israel reclaimed Jerusalem for the first time in over 2,000 years we have our current blood moon tetrad which happens to fall on Jewish holidays.
The graph below shows how all these events connect over history. Click on image to enlarge
Parallel 1,948 Periods in History and Their Prophetic Interpretations
1. Adam to Abraham: Man through whom sin entered into the world and the Father of Faith. Abraham was called out from his homeland. Yahweh made a covenant with him that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars. Righteousness was credited to him through faith.
“That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all, as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist. In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.” He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrennessc of Sarah’s womb. No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.” But the words “it was counted to him” were not written for his sake alone, but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord,who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.” Romans 4:16-25
2. Abraham’s call to Yeshua’s birth (The Second Adam): The Father of Faith through whom Yahweh made His covenant with all his descendants precedes the birth of the Messiah through whom redemption is offered to atone for the trespasses of all which entered the world through The First Adam by 1,948 years.
Since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed through him, and shall bless themselves by him” (Genesis 18:18)
3. Isaac Bound to The Crucifixion of Yeshua: Abraham in faith was willing to sacrifice his only son Isaac in obedience to Yahweh. He was interrupted in the last moment by an angel and provided a substitute ram in his place. 1,948 years later (some argue at the same location) Yeshua is offered as the ultimate sacrifice for all mankind.
When they came to the place of which God had told him, Abraham built the altar there and laid the wood in order and bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son. 11 But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” 12 He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.” 13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called the name of that place, “The Lord will provide”; as it is said to this day, “On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”
15 And the angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time from heaven 16 and said,“By myself I have sworn, declares the Lord, because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of his enemies, 18 and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.
4. 1948 AD Israel is Reborn: The very existence of Israel being a nation is a miracle. What is often overlooked in our secular world is the clarity with which it was stated over 2,000 years ago that this would come to pass.
“However, the days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when men will no longer say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,’ but they will say, ‘As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.’ For I will restore them to the land I gave their forefathers. Jeremiah 16:14-15
I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land. Ezekiel 34:13
then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. He will bring you to the land that belonged to your fathers, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers. Deuteronomy 30:3-5
and say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms. Ezekiel 37:21-22
I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God. Amos 9:14-15
And the often overlooked 6 day war in 1967 where Israel reclaimed Jerusalem. They were outnumbered 10 to 1 and suffered 1/20th the number of casualties of the invading armies. Leviticus describes this miraculous victory often overlooked in military annuls.
“If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, … You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.” Leviticus 26:3,7-8
5. Temple destroyed 70 AD to 2018 is 1,948 Years: In Matthew 24 Yeshua prophesied the soon coming destruction of the temple in 70 AD. “Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. ”Do you see all these things?“ he asked. “I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down”
In 1948 Israel returns as a nation. In 1967 Israel reclaims their capital city Jerusalem. Both of these events are marked by blood moon total lunar eclipses on Jewish Holy Days. There have only been 7 times since Yeshua that total lunar eclipses have marked Jewish Feast Days and each time there have been significant events in Jewish history. 19 years after 1948 we have our blood moons which mark the capture of Jerusalem. 48 years after the capture of Jerusalem we have another lunar tetrad on Jewish holidays and this points to the temple. First Israel prophecy fulfilled in 1948, 19 years later Jersualem is reclaimed followed by another lunar tetrad on Jewish Feasts 48 years later. It is not unreasonable to assume that this will mark the plans for beginning the rebuilding of the temple prophesied in Daniel to be completed exactly 1,948 years after the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.
Daniel has a vision of the last days in which he describes the abomination of desolation. Many critics have argued that the Bible does not have specific prophecies relating to the building of another temple. There are a few problems with this position. First, the abomination of desolation by the antichrist which is to occur at the mid point of the tribulation would had to have happened before the first temple was destroyed. This was not the case. Secondly, there is a literal throne that The Lion of Judah will reign from when He returns to earth at the conclusion of the tribulation. Neither the abomination of desolation or the literal reign of Messiah can occur without a physical temple. Furthermore, the fact that the Jews already have blueprints in place to rebuild the temple lends further strength to this position.
The Numeric Interpretation: What does 1948 mean prophetically?
19 means Yahweh’s perfect order in regard to judgment. It is not simply that He is perfectly just but that the order, timing and sequence of events is orchestrated in advance points towards His glory. “Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned” (Romans 5:12). 1948 years later we have Abraham the father of many nations whom Yahweh made His covenant. The man whose faith was credited to him as righteousness (Genesis 15:6).
4 is the day in which Yahweh created the sun, moon and stars and 8 is the number symbolic of “new creation, rebirth or circumcision of the heart.” As I covered earlier these numbers taken together mean: Through God’s perfect order He will allow judgment upon His people as signified through His creation in order to bring about a new creation through the circumcision of their hearts. This interpretation tells us this is all about Israel and His covenant with them. The Jewish people did not accept His atonement and for this reason, as prophesied, they will enter into what is known as the time of Jacob’s trouble also referred to as the tribulation.
1+9+4+8 = 22 – 22 is considered one of the most significant biblical numbers:
- The entire Canon can be divided into 3 groups of 22 books. (Genesis-Song of Solomon/ The Father, Isaiah-Acts/ The Son, Romans-Revelation/ The Holy Spirit).
- 22/7 = 3.14 or Pi. The ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter.
- 22 letters in Hebrew alphabet
- Revelation ends the Bible on 22nd chapter
- The chronology of names between Adam and Jacob totals 22.
- While on the cross, Yeshua quotes the beginning of Psalm 22: “My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?”
Psalm 22 Points to the Cross
Psalm 22:1 “My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?”
Psalm 22:14: “I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint”
Psalm 22:16: “they pierced my hands and my feet”
Putting It All Together His Glory Is Made Known in Details
Through Adam sin entered the world. 1,948 years later the Father of Faith was born through whom Yahweh makes His covenant. At age 75 Abraham is called and in faith he obeys. 1,948 years later Yeshua is born of a virgin, the second Adam through whom atonement is offered for all who accept Him. At age 100 Isaac is born to Abraham and his barren wife. 9 years later Yahweh asks Abraham to sacrifice his only son. In an act of obedience Abraham bound his son and raises his knife. At that moment an angel interrupts him and a substitute ram is provided. 1,948 years from this date the ultimate sacrifice is made on Calvary in 30 AD.
In Yahweh’s perfect order of judgment He allows redemption through faith. Sin enters through one man and is atoned for through the obedience of another as the fulfillment of a covenant made with one who acted in faith. All these events are connected by a period of time marked by 1948 the very date in which another promise is fulfilled in returning the nation of Israel. Because one man was willing not to spare his son Yahweh was willing to offer His for the sake of all who accept Him. Grace is offered through faith as dictated by His perfect order.